Sr. Software Dev Engineer, Alexa Audio
Want to transform the way people enjoy podcasts, books, and storytelling on Alexa? Then come join the group who will be building new experiences from the ground up around this great content. Within Alexa Entertainment, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
Key job responsibilities
* You’ll work directly with Product Management and Design to refine the customer experience of new features.
* You’ll have independent technical ownership on developing new customer features and supporting our team's current technical architecture.
* You’ll learn new in-demand skills like building voice control interfaces and scalable API platforms that will be highly valuable as you grow your career at Amazon and beyond.
* You'll mentor junior engineers and set operational standards for the team.
A day in the life
You will design and develop features for Alexa that millions of customers would get to use on a day-to-day basis.
About the team
You’ll join a unique team in the Alexa organization with our own culture – we move fast to deliver new great features for customers and have a ton of fun doing it.
Come join us as we build the Voice OS for Entertainment in the home. We’re breaking new ground and need your help to bring our vision to reality.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
· Experience designing and developing software services for scalability, performance and reliability.
· 5+ years experience building successful production software systems
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience with developing, releasing and maintaining a large scale services or application.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.