FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1000+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. www.flexe.com
Are you passionate about Information Security and protecting customer data? Flexe is looking for a focused Senior Security Engineer who can work closely with internal and external customers and the engineering teams to establish best practices, and provide guidance on how we best safeguard internal and customer data. The right candidate will take a leadership role in responding to and preventing security issues and threats and must be able to thrive in high pressure situations, drive engineering teams to take the right actions to mitigate risk, know when to escalate and seek guidance and have a passion for investigative problem solving. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security, including forensics, security operations and incident response.
- Create and curate an enterprise infosec policy from the ground up.
- Evaluate and identify current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats and coordinate initiatives across affected teams.
- Lead incident response, including steps to minimize impact and conduct a technical and forensic investigation into security issues and the engagement of multiple internal development teams, as well as HR and Legal.
- Complete a thorough risk assessment, identify vulnerabilities within the network, and configure systems to enhance existing security features.
- Automate security testing tools, monitor networks and systems for security breaches and develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach.
- Awareness training of the workforce on information security standards, policies and best practices.
- Conduct proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies and new security solutions to better protect the organization.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or 7+ years equivalent technology experience, 5 years or more of demonstrated experience with a focus on information security.
- Expertise in designing secure systems and application architectures.
- The ability to translate complex IT matters to those without an IT background, and communicate effectively with multiple audiences requiring varied levels of sensitivity and own final incident reporting and related information sharing.
- Experience triaging and developing security alerts and response automation, conducting front-line analysis, and providing escalation support.
- Expertise across a variety of security products including firewalls, virus and malware protection, intrusion detection, and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment, disaster recovery, and computer forensics technologies, tools and methods.
- Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies, standards and procedures.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, GISP, CISM, ISSAP, ISSEP, CEH, CISA.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a tiny premium for PPO.
-Company 401k and matching plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-20 days of PTO and 10 company holidays
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE enjoyable:
-Choice of maxed out MacBook Pro or PC and 27” monitor setup and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
-Team Building/Celebration Events - For Example: Pedicures, Paintball, Mariners Games, Happy Hours, Go-Kart Racing, Game Nights, Community Service, and more!
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.