Sr. Recruiter, Client Lead, Graduate Research Team
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance to make history by joining the amazing Student Programs recruiting team. Amazon is a fast growing business in need of a Client Lead Recruiter to support graduate student hiring growth across all Amazon businesses.
The Graduate Research team within Student Programs focuses on hiring specialized graduate students for niche science talent groups that are of strategic importance to Amazon. In this role a successful candidate will own strategy development, process improvement and talent pipeline management for a large group of science teams across Amazon. In partnership with a team of sourcing recruiters this role will be expected to develop strategies and goals to meet hiring demand. You will also act as a consultant to science leadership around addressable market trends, talent strategy, and other areas of importance within the student hiring space. The individual will draw on knowledge of talent acquisition and/or program management and show a strong ability to work through ambiguous challenges, think critically, and drive strong relationships with stakeholders, academic leaders, hiring managers, and Human Resources partners.
Recruiters on this team have the unique opportunity to showcase Amazon’s employer brand as the first point of engagement with students. The individual cultivates relationships with academic leaders, candidates, and community influencers at in person at conferences, as well as through strategic sourcing efforts throughout the year. We identify candidates and find alignment between individual capabilities and our stakeholders’ business needs across the entire company. We also distill, synthesize, and share market knowledge to advise and guide our Amazon stakeholders.
By hiring for its most critical talent spaces, the successful candidate will have tremendous impact on the future of Amazon as well as the opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of the company. The role can be based in Seattle, Arlington or at one of our regional office locations.
· Bachelor's degree
· 5+ years of technical recruiting experience in high volume/high hiring bar environment (corporate and prior university recruiting preferred)
· Account management skills - experience partnering with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches while managing customer expectations
· Superb verbal and written communication skills
· Credibility with renowned, world-class internal and external subject matter experts in academia
· Experience influencing senior leadership with data driven recommendations
· Ability to understand and convey complexity in a polished and professional manner and to capture the attention of busy, senior executives
· Tenacity, tact, self-assurance, grit, ability to think on one's feet and to know when to apply more pressure and when to give in
· The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves“
· Solutions focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
· Strong internal and external customer service focus
· The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
· Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
· Proven ability to cultivate strong partnerships, interface, communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
· Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.