Sr. Program Manager, Seller Experience
The Third Party Seller business represents more than 60% of the total of the total Amazon.com sales and is growing. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the Marketplace adding millions of new products. The New Seller Success team’s vision is to recruit and develop all Sellers in the world for our Customers and provide excellent Customer Experience. We drive Seller Experience, by working with partner teams to reduce Selling friction on Amazon.
Are you passionate about ecommerce? Do you want ownership that comes from leading and driving large organization-wide initiatives at Amazon? What about driving continuous process improvement to reduce Seller friction and increase productivity? The New Seller Success team is looking for a Program Management leader to drive high-impact initiative to improve Customer and Seller Experience on the Amazon.
As the Sr. Program Manager, Seller Experience you will be responsible for reducing Seller friction, increasing productivity of teams across the organization, while providing insights from Seller feedback to improve internal processes. In this highly strategic role, you will lead the deep dive effort to understand drivers of Seller friction and related business impact. Through this effort, you will be responsible for ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities with existing processes and controls. You will propose projects and programs to improve internal processes and partner with relevant Product teams to drive deliverables by defining functional and technical requirements, specifications and solutions; coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and enhance and deploy new or existing features; and driving creation of quality and process change initiatives. You will be responsible for handling internal and external escalations and delivering closed-loop feedback to stakeholders in an effort to drive process improvement.
An ideal candidate will be a self-starter, and have strong business judgment to help inform priorities for the team and partner organizations. We are looking for a seasoned Program Manager who enjoys tackling complex, ambiguous problem areas, setting high standards, and staying ahead of a dynamic and growing business. You will have a strong instinct for making trade-offs, understanding where to dive deep, and are comfortable developing and articulating data-driven decisions to drive your roadmap and goals.
Key responsibilities include:
· Gain buy-in for strategy and roadmap from stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior leadership.
· Identify, drive, and develop best practices, efficiencies, and project workflows for the team.
· Communicate with senior management on project status, strategy, risks, and issues.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and balance business needs with technical constraints.
· Identify and analyze data and anecdotal input from Sellers and support associates to identify and isolate issues, test solutions, and prioritize competing program opportunities.
· Partner with multiple tech, machine learning, and product teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to stay up to date on tech roadmap and influence changes to drive Seller experience.
· Track, measure and report on key metrics which show our success in reducing friction to sell on Amazon.
· 5+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional projects.
· Demonstrated ability of working in complex cross cultural environments to drive business process change.
· Track record of delivering programmatic goals and managing complex projects.
· Proven verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results from inception to completion.
· Excellent planning and execution skills. Meticulous and methodical, detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to dive deep and ask the right questions.
· Proven track record of achieving insight through analytic or quantitative methods
· Bachelor's degree is required, MBA preferred
· Entreprenuerial spirit with a track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
· History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
· Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL preferred)
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· MBA preferred
· 7+ years of experience, OR 5 years of experience plus Master’s Degree, in product or program management, market research, product marketing, business development or technology
· Strong, data-driven business and technical judgment
· Ability to distill informal business requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
· Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions.
· Excellent English writing skills; able to produce and finalize complex documents