Sr. Product Manager, US Payment Acceptance
Join the Amazon North America Payment Acceptance team! We are responsible for how Amazon’s customers pay on the Amazon.com and Amazon.ca sites and through Amazon’s services. We are looking for a tech/business savvy Sr. Product Manager to drive our payments initiatives in North America.
In this role, you will leverage your expertise, to implement best in class customer-centric payment solutions in the US and Canada, leveraging our partnership with leading financial institutions, global payment networks and also emerging payment schemes to improve the payment experience for our customers and enable the payment methods they love, minimizing customer friction and increasing coverage, while driving change in the industry.
This is an individual contributor role, where you would need to own high-level strategic initiatives, breaking down the big picture into actionable goals, rolling up your sleeves when necessary, leveraging a solid product and technology background, to dig in and get the job done.
For this, you will influence and collaborate with a diverse set of multifunctional and international teams (including the different Amazon business lines, engineering and operations) to achieve success and deliver the best payment experiences. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, navigating competing priorities to scale. Being effective at simplifying complex problems, identifying areas for innovation through internal and external dependencies is a plus for this role. As a product leader at Amazon, all innovations start with the customer and work backwards. Strong writing skills are required to convey your product vision through the value delivered to the end customer. Expect to dive deep into customer metrics, competitive benchmarking and payments data to inform your strategy.
The right candidate possesses a strong product/tech program management background, a deep understanding of the Payments competitive and regulatory landscape and demonstrated experience leading large projects.
Role located in Seattle.
· 10+ years of experience including the Payment and Services industry.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related area;
· “Hands on” attitude, diving deep when necessary to resolve problems and issues, implementing and following action plans to meet objectives.
· Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously in a growth-oriented environment, where individuals set aspirational targets and are accountable for achieving goals.
· Proven experience identifying customer needs, inventing new ways to meet those needs and translating them from use cases to business and product requirements.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with cross-functional technology project management experience.
· Demonstrated strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills, with an ability to pull together disparate data sets to solve ambiguous business problems
· Proven track record of owning and delivering innovative customer-facing products, leading teams across disciplines (including engineers) to build products that customers love.
· Ability to regularly travel, including internationally. Expected travel <25%.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.