Senior Product Manager - Tech, Amazon Private Brands Discovery
Are you interested in being part of a high impact and growing business? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop technology solutions that enable the discovery of Amazon owned selection (like Devices, Private Brands, etc.) globally? Come join us!
The Private Brands Discovery team is looking for an entrepreneurial, strategic & seasoned Sr. Product Manager - Tech to drive vision, business requirements, product development, and customer engagement for products that help customers discover Amazon's Private Brand products. They will work closely with Science and Engineering teams to successfully implement, and communicate independently with leadership and stakeholders to showcase the team's work.
The ideal candidate for this role will have business and product sense combined with a solid understanding of technical concepts. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, exceptional communications, the ability to partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Key job responsibilities
1. Define, own, prioritize, and deliver against a product roadmap
2. Write business requirements, create the case for prioritizing projects, work with tech teams to size and implement software, and track progress to deliver at high bar on time
3. Create buy-in for the strategic vision and product roadmap across necessary teams
4. Partner closely across functions, including Category teams, Science, Engineering, Marketing, etc. to drive strategic initiatives
5. Influence the broader organization and be able to coach others on product management best practices
· 3+ years of relevant experience in product management or program management
· 7+ years of industry experience in any capacity delivering software systems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication that is tuned to the audience
· Bachelors Degree or advanced degree in tech or other quantitative disciplines.
· 5+ years experience in software product management
· Technical aptitude with capacity to dive deep into technical programs
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with exceptional attention to detail
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and be a self-starter to do whatever is necessary; have owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
· Must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically, deal with ambiguity, manage changing priorities and influence others
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.