Sr. Product Manager- Tech, Alexa News
We are looking for a strong product manager to define the product vision and strategy for how Alexa keeps customers up to date with the latest news.. without them ever having to ask. You will own features like one device and mobile news notifications and will work with teams across Alexa to ensure that Alexa keeps customers informed as news breaks.
Key job responsibilities
· Understand how Alexa can help keep customers informed about the news they care about most
· Define the product roadmap for on-device and mobile news notifications
· Work with teams across Alexa (Routines, reminders, alarms) to integrate news into their offerings
· Work with international teams to understand how to best meet the local needs of the locale
A day in the life
Customers expect the news to come to them. Gone are the days of the newspaper on the front step, people get news just minutes after it breaks. However customers both expect and are exhausted by the pace of news. You will be responsible for understanding how Alexa can help keep customers connected to the world around them in a way that feels helpful and not overwhelming. In addition to owning features like news notifications, you will work with teams across Alexa to introduce the right news at the right time so that it feels delightfully informative, never intrusive.
About the team
This is a big job, on an amazing team. We are the kind of people who obsess about customers in the shower (not in the creepy way…). We work hard, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. As such, jerks, egomaniacs and empire builders need not apply. We want the future leaders of Amazon. We want dreamers and builders and people who can make fun of their own great ideas (“What if we went door to door telling people about the news…”).
If this sounds like you, we'd love to chat more.
· 6+ years of professional experience with 4+ years of software product management experience
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products/services and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience coordinating product development cycles, software development schedules, and launching products to customers
· Experience with Excel and SQL
· Experience with data extraction, manipulation, and statistical analysis
· Experience with product management for advertising-related products
· Experience working internationally
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.