Senior Product Manager - Technical
Amazon Worldwide Pricing team builds products and services responsible for the optimization of Selling Partner prices and Customer Price Perception on Amazon. Our programs support billions of price updates every month, covering the majority of products sold in the Amazon store. We do this with real-time, low latency, worldwide systems. We constantly work to innovate and improve our programs, software, and tools to deliver a fantastic experience for our Selling Partners and the best possible prices for our customers.
We are seeking a seasoned Senior Product Manager, who has strong technical skills, and can execute on a variety of complex initiatives. In this role, you will own the vision, roadmap, and features to offer competitive prices to millions of Customers in their shopping journey. You will be supported by dedicated technology, science, and business intelligence teams as you spearhead these cross-platform initiatives and build high impact products to improve Customer experience. You will manage competing priorities to maximize the impact of your program. You will define, measure, and impact critical business metrics. You will build consensus with key stakeholders and report on business performance to senior executives.
Our perfect candidate thinks strategically, thrives in ambiguity, is a data driven thought leader, and has a strong bias for action ensuring that we deliver results, and accurately assess the impact of our initiatives on the Customer and Selling Partner experience.
The position is located in Seattle, WA.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or significant equivalent industry experience
· 5+ years of experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
· Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work both with business, technical, as well as, research teams
· The ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment is critical
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills, including using data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and drive root cause analysis
· MBA or Master’s degree in engineering, or related field
· Experience working with teams applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
· Track record of leading product decisions for large, complex products or systems
· Ability to understand, discuss, and challenge technical concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with research scientists and engineers
· Experience developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
· Experience building global solutions
· Experience with third party marketplaces and ecommerce