Sr. Manager, Tax Integration
The Amazon Tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. The Amazon Tax Reporting & Compliance team is seeking a Project/Program Manager (PM) with experience driving programs, developing process improvement ideas, gathering requirements, monitoring the activities and controlling the progression of the programs. The PM will engage with subject matter experts across tax and potentially accounting, tech team members across multiple groups, third party providers and other stakeholders. This role will be part of a team that is driving the delivery of solutions that standardize, optimize, and transform processes that will scale as the volume of work increases as the business grows.
Successful candidates will have experience in project management, working with tech teams, and overall knowledge of finance (supporting either accounting or tax). The candidate will need to be able to dive deep to uncover all critical project dependencies and remove roadblocks to ensure a successful development of a solution. A focus on bias for action will be necessary to drive projects forward despite ambiguity. The candidate will be responsible for preparing documents and communicate to stakeholders and leadership on project updates and to gain consensus and approvals, as required. This role will operate with independence and be expected to demonstrate an ability to collaborate and problem solve.
· Own programs from start to end including engaging all stakeholders, leadership and IT teams as required.
· Drive process improvements; enable streamlining to achieve operational efficiencies, benchmarking, and development of performance metrics.
· Develop, organize and manage the project plan leveraging existing tools. Document and communicate project status periodically as required including preparation of materials to share with leadership.
· Take the lead role with project owners, sponsors, and subject matter experts to align on project and workstream objectives.
· Identify, collaborate with other functions and operationalize efficiencies between the Finance functions and tax, within the Reporting & Compliance team and across the tax org as necessary.
· Engage tax and finance members to collaborate on ways to efficiently achieve results by leveraging technology.
· Document clear and actionable requirements coming from one or more impacted functions and demonstrating a solid working knowledge of requirements to project stakeholders and sponsors.
· Identifying areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and escalating to program leadership in a timely manner.
· Develop plans to remediate technical debt, manual processes and non-value added time spent by teams.
· Lead the documentation of processes focusing on documenting the tech solution, controls, and overall impact to the users.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 7+ years of experience in program or project management
- 7+ years of experience managing teams
- 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree
- 10+ years of experience in program or project management
- 10+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- PMP or similar certification.
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvement.
- Experience working with Finance, Accounting or Tax functions.
- The ideal candidate will have the following experience working in a complex, diverse, dynamic global organization in the following:
- Participating in innovative, game-changing teams, programs, and projects
- Delivering results amidst resource constraints and ambiguity
- Assessing and leveraging technology to optimize performance and goals
- Communicating successfully across cultures, in writing and in person
- Collecting and analyzing data, including developing and reporting on metrics
- Experience with project management software, Excel, Word, Smartsheet.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences and lead a meeting towards a decision.
- Degree in a business major, accounting, finance or tax preferred with a high aptitude for technology.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.