Sr. Manager, Software Development - AWS Accounts
We’re looking for a technical leader to own one of the most fundamental AWS building blocks: the AWS Account. Every single AWS customer will use your software.
Do you enjoy working across multiple teams to solve complex problems—from a business and technical perspective? Can you build a strong self-sufficient development team? Do you appreciate simple solutions and encourage your team to strive for them as well? Most importantly, are you motivated by happy customers?
As the Software Development Leader, you will be responsible for structure and strategy of the development team. You’ll own the goals, end-to-end development, and support of your roadmap. You'll engage stakeholders across AWS, communicate the vision and roadmap for your team, and work with stakeholders to launch features. You will partner with engineering managers and senior engineers to coach your team through scalable and highly-available technology choices.
If this sounds like you, come join us in Seattle and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
· Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
· 5+ years' experience managing software development teams
· Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Experience managing service-oriented software systems
· Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
· Proven track record building high-performing software development teams
· Experience with Agile software development methodologies
· Practical experience with software engineering best practices
· Experience with AWS technologies