Sr Manager, Quality Assurance
The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth’s most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. We have learned that customers love IMDb TV so we are looking for a Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance to drive best-in-class enhancements to customer’s streaming experience and launch quality IMDb TV apps and innovative features on streaming devices including Fire TV, Mobile Phones and tablets.
The Senior Manager, Quality Assurance for IMDb TV is responsible for leading a team of Quality Assurance Engineers, Software Development Engineers in Test, Software Development Engineers and ensuring that our video streaming clients meet the expectations of our customers. This responsibility begins early in our development phase, where the team investigates new processes and technologies that could impact the quality of the products, and mitigates these risks through the validation phases. This role is responsible for the successful roll out of the various products to our customers in all supported regions. The Quality leader works with other cross-functional leaders from engineering, product management and operations throughout all aspects of their work. The successful candidate will establish quality goals and monitor performance with their team, investigating the full suite of failure analysis leading to root cause determination and subsequent closed loop corrective action. The Sr. Mgr. Quality leads the team through metrics- and data-driven quality decisions, and mechanizes a culture of continuous quality improvement. This is very much Day 1 for IMDb TV so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building from scratch.
The Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance will successfully navigate ambiguity and will influence at all levels of the company, including making quality assessments and risk appraisals to leadership team. As a senior leader, this role requires building a team of Quality Managers / Engineers and coaching their development to achieve high performance.
· Build and lead a team of QAEs/SDETs/SDEs
· Create a vision for the Quality team and set priorities aligned with the goals for the larger organization
· Be the sole functional owner of quality assurance across all IMDb TV Client Apps
· Create processes, mechanisms, and tools for rapid the delivery of client apps and features
· Continue to drive automation and innovation to scale our team and quality impact
· Manage ambiguity and energize the team to stay focused on short term and long-term goals
· Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
· Own the metrics for quality success. Define, measure and report on these metrics.
· Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical challenges
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
· Consumer Device or SW Launch
· 10+ years of industry experience
· 10+ years of hands-on testing experience
· 5+ years of experience as a manager of a quality assurance team
· Experience in test automation
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow individual contributors and managers
· Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve coverage and effectiveness.
· Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills
· Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
· Experience with standard QA and development tools
· Understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.