Sr. Investigation Specialist
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of customers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They are harnessing the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. However, there are always a few people that try to take unfair advantage of a good thing...
Are you interested in taking your skills and career to the next level, while having fun and fighting fraud in the cloud? Join a growing world-class team to conduct investigations in order to prevent malicious and fraudulent usage on AWS.
You will be an integral member of a team of investigators, analysts and specialists conducting complex investigations of fraud activity. You will help drive related intelligence initiatives targeting new and emerging fraud threats to AWS. You will leverage your analytical and data skills to deep dive on a myriad of fraud activity to help drive complex investigations and investigative strategies. You will be at the forefront of keeping abreast of trends and fraud issues impacting the Cloud industry to ensure AWS is leading the curve in identifying, mitigating and preventing fraud attacks.
AWS is seeking dedicated, hardworking, analytical candidates with a proven track record of performance and results-oriented thinking, to join the AWS Fraud Investigations Team. Investigators will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to the investigation and mitigation of fraud in the Cloud. Ideal applicants will have experience in the Cloud industry, previous fraud experience, and proven success in a customer-driven workplace. All candidates will be analytical and capable of succeeding in a fast-paced team environment.
The Investigation Specialist position entails shift work, potentially evenings and weekends. Specific shift requirements to be based on needs of the business. This position relies on judgment to plan and accomplish goals with nearly all decisions expected to be made independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Individual problem-solving and analytical skills are used to authenticate customers’ cloud computing behavior and complex transactions on AWS accounts.
· Conduct complex and deep dive investigations of sophisticated criminals and criminal enterprises against a consistent cadence to meet operational metrics while ensuring a high level of decision quality
· Use a combination of manual and automated tools to gather data and conduct ad-hoc investigations
· Work with cross-functional teams across Amazon for collaboration on fraud risks and investigations
· Work with stakeholders to drive process improvements that will impact internal and external customers
· Maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained during the investigations process
· Take on ad-hoc projects/assignments related to fraud investigations as necessary
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· Minimum of one year of experience in: Fraud, Cyber Crime, Financial Crimes, or Financial Risk Management
· Ability to perform deep investigations on complex, sensitive escalations for numerous internal stakeholders
· Excellent oral and written communication, along with data presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
· Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
· Ability to deal with high level of ambiguity
· Flexibility to work various shifts, including working one weekend day or alternative start-end times, and voluntary overtime hours per business needs
· Experience countering fraud in a technology services organization or similar environment
· Experience in e-commerce/on-line companies in fraud/risk control functions