Sr HR Program Mgr, Regional Expansions, PXT Expansions
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us make history, here’s your chance to accelerate our growth and ability to serve our customers through the PXT (HR) Regional Expansions team.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate has worked in a fast-paced, global environment, able to read ambiguous situations quickly, is energized by working on high-profile projects, and is comfortable influencing across a wide range of HR and business professionals across all levels would be well-suited for this role. They possess a hybrid program/project management background, paired with relevant HR Generalist and/or Specialist experience. The ideal candidate has a passion for business growth, process and operational improvement, is customer obsessed, exhibits strong ownership, and quickly earns stakeholder trust. Additionally, they index high on the ability to handle ambiguity, dive deep, deliver results, and have a strong bias for action.
The Sr HR Program Manager reports to the Regional Expansions Leader (Americas), and will partner with other HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to drive all critical talent and organizational initiatives during organic (non-M&A) geographic expansions (from idea through to business launch). This role will preferably be based in time zones that allow strong coverage across all countries in the Americas region, across all Amazon business lines.
Key job responsibilities
The Sr HR PM leads project management and expansion planning across all Amazon businesses, and provides regional subject matter expertise and consulting, to ensure expansion projects capture the employment complexities and mitigate related risks. The role is responsible to Earn Trust, building a cohesive and effective expansion team, managing through influence with HR Business Partner (HRBP) line, Central HR Specialist functions, and relevant Business stakeholders. They are able to marshal resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to get things done. The role focuses on Ownership of their regional portfolio of expansion projects, optimizing for speed, customer and employee experience, and productivity at business launch. They also serve as a coach, as this role indirectly leads many players within the region. They serve as ‘employment practice’ expert resources for their region and utilize market analysis to support expansion planning. They will also contribute to process improvement initiatives, and support deployment of tools and processes to support expansion needs.
About the team
PXT Expansions provides strategic guidance, program management and project execution for Amazon’s organic and inorganic (M&A) expansions across all Steams and geographies. The organization’s mission is to create ways for Amazon to grow smarter, optimizing for the customer experience while balancing global solutions and local needs for employees.
The PXT Regional Expansions team (PXTRE) primarily focuses on organic (non-M&A) Amazon expansion efforts, including new country (NCX) and in-country (ICX) expansions. PXTRE brings business expansion ideas to life, through internal consulting, performing onsite due diligence and risk mitigation, enabling local companies (tax/legal entities) for employment, launching the Day One business, providing post-launch support, democratizing ‘low touch’ repeatable tools and processes, and post-launch transition to the local Business and HR Line.
- HR domain knowledge, with minimum 3 years’ experience as HR generalist or specialist
- Background in leading large-scale (global or regional) project management of complex projects, related to new geographies and/or businesses
- Possesses working knowledge of employment laws and market practice within regional or local geographies.
- Proficiency in project planning methodologies, tools, and leading change through data-driven solutions.
- Demonstrates Customer Obsession: Possesses strong business acumen and drives expansion project management with customer interests as focal point
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and discretion through ambiguous phases of expansion project development
- Proven ability to influence and drive results laterally and remotely-through HR and cross-functional colleagues. Ability to influence effectively with Regional-level partners and leaders of specialist central function teams (eg Compensation + Benefits, Payroll, HR Services, etc)
- Possesses excellent communications skills: exemplifies Amazon’s leadership principles effectively internally and externally to new business partners, vendors and the community
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Demonstrates humility and openness to multiple perspectives in leading project decision making
- Fluency in other languages is preferred, English, Spanish, and/or Portuguese
- HR or business line experience in multiple geographies is strongly preferred
- PM certification or equivalent within graduate business/HR degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% (subject to company COVID-travel guidelines)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.