Senior Financial Analyst - Prime Video
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers enjoy video. Prime Video delivers premium content to customers through purchase and rental of movies and TV shows, unlimited on-demand streaming through Amazon Prime subscriptions, add-on channels like Showtime and HBO, and live concerts and sporting events like NFL Thursday Night Football.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to play a critical role in Prime Video, as the finance partner for our Transactional Video On Demand (TVOD) team, i.e. the business specific to purchases and rentals of movies and TV shows through Prime Video. This position requires the ability to work cross-functionally and develop new solutions as the business continues to grow.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with strong data gathering and modeling skills. The role also has regular interaction with various business leaders and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Lead short and long-term financial forecasting and planning
· Provide analytical support for various initiatives and ad hoc requests
· Present financial summaries and business insights to senior management
· Generate financial reports, variance analysis, and cost allocation models
· Establish and maintain operational and business metrics
· 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
· Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
· Advanced Excel skills
· Advanced use of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
· Willingness to pickup new reporting tools quickly if not already familiar with them
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.