Senior Financial Analyst - Prime
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. The Prime membership program is at the heart of what we do, continually delighting customers with benefit offerings and expansion into new countries. Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to partner with the WW Prime business team dedicated to long-term strategic projects.
About the role:
Prime’s vision is to be the world’s most engaging, satisfying, and loved membership program. As the team continues to innovate the products it launches and evaluates the future trajectory of Prime, the Senior Financial Analyst will partner with stakeholders to develop insights and create tools helping assess investment decisions. In this role, you will have substantial visibility with senior leadership as you provide strategic direction while ensuring a strong sense of financial controllership. Many of the projects will be focusing on answering the most elusive questions surrounding customer behavior, value perception of benefits offered, and how Prime can help better serve rapidly changing customer needs.
The Senior Financial Analyst must have solid financial knowledge and business acumen while thinking strategically and dealing with ambiguity, building financial analysis to make recommendations and communicating findings in a clear and concise manner. This role requires cross-functional partnership with product managers, data scientists, economists, and business intelligence engineers. As a single-threaded owner, you will have complete ownership of your projects with the business team.
With enthusiasm to help deliver new ideas and a tenacity to problem-solve, you will thrive if you seek to influence business owners and have a strong foundation in modeling skills and attention to detail. Some of the project you will tackle include:
· Creating investment frameworks to analyze new products or benefit offerings
· Invent new methods in assessing incremental value in strategic customer segments
· Create scalable tools that help measure business success metrics
· Establish guardrails in Prime’s willingness to invest in acquiring or retaining customers
· Be active in the finance community mentoring others and sharing knowledge
· 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
· MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
· Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical customers
· Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, array functions, etc.)
· Proficiency with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
· Experience in Power BI, QuickSight, or other similar visualization tools
· Advanced experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and keen business acumen; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
· Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.