Senior Financial Analyst
Amazon is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst based in Seattle, WA, to join a special projects team. This team is responsible for growing an innovative project that informs larger company strategic decisions.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be hands-on and have an entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mindset as they support the operational accounting of a global team. This includes day-to-day management of financial accounts, indirect tax support, and annual audit support. They will provide analytical support for key business decisions and participate in strategic planning. They will prepare key metrics and weekly, monthly, quarterly finance reporting as well as support processes for analyzing performance to understand business variations.
This role will be a good fit if you:
· Are a self-starter that will thrive in a start-up team where all members are hands-on and have a voice in business decisions
· Are highly analytical, detail oriented, and have solid accounting knowledge
· Have experience in Oracle and other accounting software such as QuickBooks
· Understand basic tax laws
· Are passionate about owing solutions and solving issues
· Own operational accounting for multiple countries worldwide – day-to-day management of financial accounts, indirect tax support, and annual audit support
· Support in ongoing financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting
· Perform analysis to understand drivers of business
· Identify improvement areas for Monthly Business Reviews
· 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· CPA (or equivalent)
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and related skills
· Experience working with large-scale data mining tools (e.g., SQL and/or Cognos TM1)
· Experience with finance in business such as E-Commerce, Retail, Retail Operations Finance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.