Senior Event Program Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Senior Event Program Manager to manage highly visible event components of the AWS Events program. This role owns the strategy and execution of attendee registration, and the on-site event experience interactions with technology. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role on the AWS Global Events Team.
In this role you will plan and execute single-day or multi day, large scale, highly technical educational events targeting IT decision makers, in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Your responsibility as an event marketing expert will include developing the registration strategy and onsite check-in and technology plans for re:Invent, re:Inforce, and additional global events.
You will define the goals of each program component, manage the budget and timeline, and oversee a variety of vendor and venue partners to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality experience. You will also utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews and post event debriefs.
The ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience working in event marketing, preferably on high tech user conferences. This highly motivated and extremely organized candidate must have experience managing complex projects, managing projects happening concurrently, exceptional communication skill and the experience to manage multiple global stakeholders. He/she will utilize their attention to detail, experience in program and project management, and excellent written communication skills to ensure high quality results.
This role is located in Seattle but also open to seating at any US-based AWS corporate office. Relocation assistance to one of these locations from within the US only.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Define program goals and objectives
· Manage budget and timelines
· Communicate effectively with key stakeholders and agency partners
· Ability to strategically think and problem solve
· Oversee external vendors and partners
· Drive standards that can be executed by global event programs
· Exceptional writing skills for documents and event debriefs
· Travel: ~20%, including international
· 7+ years' experience in event management and event marketing
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study OR additional 4+ years' experience in event management and event marketing
· Experience working on large scale (7k+ attendee) events.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
· Experience in creating and managing demand generation campaigns
· Ability to manage time and deliver on multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables on time.
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Demonstrable history of defining event strategy and executional excellence
· Strategic thinker who can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute on those plans
· Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units
· A strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
· Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as Salesforce, Tableau, Marketo, Cvent, EventPoint, and FreshDesk, etc.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $116k -160k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.