Senior Event Marketing Manager, AMER Summits
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Senior Event Manager to manage highly visible event components of the AWS AMER Summit event program. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role on the AWS Global Events Team.In this role you will plan, market, and execute single-day or multi day, large scale, highly technical educational events targeting IT decision makers, in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Your responsibility as an event marketing expert will include developing the strategy and marketing plans for specific elements of the overall program, and for the planning and execution of the event experience.
You will define the goals of each program component, manage the budget and timeline, and oversee a variety of vendor and venue partners to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality experience. You will also utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews and post event debriefs.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience working in event marketing, preferably on high tech user conferences. This highly motivated and extremely organized candidate must have experience managing complex projects, managing projects happening concurrently, exceptional communication skill and the experience to manage multiple global stakeholders. He/she will utilize their attention to detail, experience in program and project management, and excellent written communication skills to ensure high quality results.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Define program goals and objectives
· Manage budget and timelines
· Communicate effectively with key stakeholders and agency partners
· Ability to strategically think and problem solve
· Oversee external vendors and partners
· Exceptional writing skills for documents and event debriefs
· 10+ years of relevant experience in event management and event marketing.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
· Demonstrated success in event management and project management with a focus on operational excellence.
· A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Experience working on large scale (7k+ attendee) events.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
· Experience in creating and managing demand generation campaigns
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
· Ability to manage time and deliver on multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables on time.
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Demonstrable history of defining event strategy and executional excellence
· Strategic thinker who can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute on those plans
· Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units
· A strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
· Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as Salesforce, Tableau, Marketo, Cvent, EventPoint, and FreshDesk, etc.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.