Sr. Design Technologist - AWS Supply Chain
Join the AWS Supply Chain team and enable AWS to continue to be a widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands of customers around the world who use AWS every day.
We are looking for a design technologist to build user interfaces and prototypes that bring life to the designs that represent the future. You bring UX design and engineering expertise into a single discipline to develop and test prototypes of potential user experiences solutions. You will be responsible for creating prototypes of emerging experiences for testing with end-user research participants. You will prove UX concepts at a variety of fidelities, including working samples and reference code, throughout the design process. You are well versed in an appropriate mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and will select the best and most appropriate platform for the task. You will deliver code that is flexible and can be iterated upon, with an understanding of what to fake and what to make. The front-end interactions you bring to life will also inspire leaders to invest in new ideas, and guide developers in building the software.
We value mentorship and growth. Our business is growing, and we want you to grow with it.We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds.
Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We offer flexibility in your schedule. We know some of your best ideas come to you at noon and some come at midnight. It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
· 6+ years experience as a design technologist or similar UX-related role creating digital products.
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of relevant deliverables that showcases best practices in design.
· Portfolio of prototype work that explores design, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography,
color, and imagery.
· Experience designing rich user interfaces using modern web frameworks (such as React, Angular, and Vue)
· Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
· MS in computer science, technology, design, or equivalent professional experience
· Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Experience creating efficient, scalable web
· Understanding of web services technologies such HTTP, REST, JSON
· Experience with the latest prototyping tools (Framer, Figma, Sketch, XD, etc.)
· Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest
technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.