Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, itâs a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, weâre excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. We provide the worldâs most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Introduction to the team
Our ideal Senior Corporate Counsel candidate will be a leader experienced in independently handling the wide variety of legal issues that arise in a public accounting firmâs operations. The in-house counsel will be expected to work with firm leadership and other stakeholders to address issues such as: contract drafting and negotiation; professional liability matters; conflicts of interest; employment matters; litigation; regulatory matters; and training firm personnel on risk issues. Willingness to consider remote work arrangements for this opportunity.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills â Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Negotiate, draft and review firm contracts including: engagement letters and professional services agreements, master services agreements and statements of work, government contracts, request for proposals, data privacy and security agreements, nondisclosure agreements, business associate agreements, and related contracts
- Analyze and properly document conflicts of interest involving the firm and its clients, including consultation with internal stakeholders and drafting conflict waiver agreements
- Support operational needs of the firmâs practice offices and internal departments (e.g., Human Resources,
- Marketing & Sales, Finance, Real Estate, and IT), including development of templates, review and negotiation of contracts, and legal consultation on new initiatives and compliance issues
- Address professional liability matters, employment issues, and regulatory matters
- Conduct legal research and apply research to facts and effectively communicate analysis to leadership
- Identify legal risk issues and generate and implement a plan to mitigate and prevent legal risks
- Prepare and deliver training, memoranda, and presentations to employees, management, executives, or other members of the Legal Department on legal matters
- Bachelorâs degree and Juris Doctorate degrees required
- Licensed or willingness to become licensed in Washington state
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience required; experience in a professional services environment strongly preferred
- Significant corporate transactional experience required; additional litigation experience strongly preferred
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to develop relationships, build rapport, and effectively interface and communicate with all levels within the firm, including collaborating with senior leaders to accomplish organizational goals
- Highly developed writing, editing and drafting skills that apply across all areas of contract focus
- Strong negotiating skills, including experience with shaping strategy and focus across the firm
- Excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail, and ability to comprehend complicated financial engagements and analyze complex contract terms
- Understanding of fundamental accounting principles a plus
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 5-10%
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.