Sr. Category Merchant Manager, Business Electronics
The Amazon Business team is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Sr. Category Manager (CMM) to help shape the future of our 3rd party marketplace for Business Electronics. This role has a broad scope with an additional focus on driving process improvements and thought leadership in inventory planning and operations. Amazon Business is dedicated to offering a broad selection of products and supplies to business, industrial, education and commercial customers at competitive prices. The Business Electronics categories span business critical products including PC and Office products and supplies, networking equipment, professional video and audio equipment, and security, camera and imaging equipment. The Sr. CMM role offers the unique opportunity to own a sizable portion of a category P&L while also driving large scale, high visibility projects across a variety of internal teams.
This position offers an exciting introduction to an S&P 500 company and the opportunity to take a critical role in building one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. The CMM works with customers, partners, internal teams, and management to develop and test B2B growth strategies while optimizing inventory planning and operations. This role is an ideal next step for a leader with solid experience who is looking to develop into the next stage of his/her career path.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. She/he will be analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and have strong writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
This position will own a critical piece of the business, and drive ongoing success across multiple market segments listed above. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses. The candidate should be adept at problem-solving and managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently. Strong communication skills (both oral and written) are critical.
Key job responsibilities
Create and manage new programs and capabilities to drive value for Amazon's customers and suppliers in the B2B space.
- Work closely with leadership on planning and business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience and maximize unit and revenue growth through timely analysis and action.
- Act as a leader and ambassador of Amazon Business across CE categories, developing deep knowledge of supply/demand trends and success drivers
- Lead day-to-day operational aspects of the business, including gathering and addressing customer and supplier feedback, inventory management, and business improvement initiatives.
- Partner in problem solving with our vendors and partners to remove any barriers to growing business sales and relevant product selection.
- Drive large efficiency initiatives.
- Partner with brands to improve our joint supply chains.
- Lead a variety of projects that impact Business Electronics, Hardlines and Amazon Business
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to Earn Trust and articulate complex ideas effectively
- Strong business judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering results
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel and data analysis
- Operates as a team player, likes to have fun at work, and has a positive attitude
- MBA or related Master's
- P&L responsibility and experience delivering strong financial results
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (prioritization, planning and task delegation)
- Excellent analytical and data-mining aptitude
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Demonstrates creative problem solving by adapting frameworks or existing practices to create useful solutions
- Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
- Strong proficiency in strong understanding of business statistics and data analytics
- Basic SQL Proficiency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.