Sr Analytics Lead, AWS Strategic Industries
The AWS Strategic Industries organization supports Fortune 200 enterprise organizations with multi-national operations and decentralized IT decision making in their journey to AWS. Within the AWS Strategic Industries organization, the Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement (SSOE) team is responsible for supporting commercial Leadership, Management, and field teams in achieving our organizational objectives, delivering customer outcomes, and enabling continuous improvements in field productivity.
Inclusive Culture. Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Harmony. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The SSOE Insights team for the AWS Strategic Industries Business Unit is seeking an Sr. Analytics Lead with extensive experience in analytical thought leadership for a sales organization, leading development of analytic insight, strategic initiatives, quota setting, revenue planning, sales forecasting and resource investment planning. You should be passionate about developing insights, setting high standards, providing information that enables dynamic decision-making using cutting edge technology. You should have excellent business acumen and communication skills, and be able to work with AWS business leaders to develop and define key business questions, then work backwards to deliver meaningful insights that answer those questions. Your deep analytic skills, strong business judgement, and focus on our core operational inputs will make you a critical partner to sales and sales operations leaders as you help them prioritize initiatives, identify gaps in process and performance, and remove barriers to execution. You should be excited about working with data, be driven to dive deep, and passionate about collaborating with Sales Leadership, Finance, Data Engineer, Business Analysts and Sales Operations teams.
Key job responsibilities
· Develop a framework for the creation, tracking, and reporting of the revenue and headcount plans for the year.
· Partner closely with Business Development and Sales Strategy and Operations team to set ambitious yet achievable goals for the sales organization, then put a framework in place to report, analyze and measure progress against them.
· Create mechanisms and processes to support our field sales team by ensuring that we maximize their investment in time, mindshare, and resources while empowering them with the tools, time and focus to constantly exceed the expectations of end customers
· Analyze industry and Amazon internal data to understand the competitive landscape across services and identify customer trends
· Support strategic initiatives from the analytical standpoint
· Own key executive reporting consumed by Sales VP and Sales Leadership
· Partner with central economics, machine learning, data engineering, sales operations, finance and other analytics teams to ensure the most efficient and effective allocation of resources to tackle our team's agenda.
· Ensure that the quality and timeliness of analytic deliverables to meet and exceed the Sales Strategy & Operations team expectations
· 6+ years of professional work experience in financial planning and reporting, planning, business analysis, reporting, strategy, analytics or business intelligence
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and working with large datasets
· Experience using Tableau, AWS QuickSight or similar visualization software
· Experience writing SQL queries
· Experience leading planning, reporting, dashboarding and analysis for enterprise organizations
· Experience gathering business requirements and developing scorecards and dashboards to surface meaningful KPIs and actionable intelligence to senior leaders
· Experience working in large-scale data environment
· Experience with AWS Redshift and S3
· Experience supporting sales organizations
· Track record of building scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses
· Develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity
· Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including experience communicating to both business and technical teams
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across various internal organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.