Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Full time position available for our Latino Senior Program in Seattle. We are seeking candidates with exceptional customer service skills. Applicants must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish (must read, write, and speak fluently both languages, and be able to interpret from one language into the other). Candidates must demonstrate and maintain a high level of work ethic and professionalism.
The Senior Advocate will be responsible for successfully conducting intense outreach among people 60 and over and/or disabled individuals who reside in the King County area. Must be 18 years of age or over, with a strong knowledge of the Latino population; conduct initial assessments, advocacy, referrals to social and medical services, and provide interpretation/translation to the program’s clients. Candidates are required to drive throughout King County to transport and/or assist clients with medical, dental and/or social service appointments.
Requirements and/or Education:
- BA in social services, psychology or other human services related field, or a minimum of two years of experience in social service programs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to sudden changes in work schedule.
- Availability to work on weekends and evenings is a requirement in order to meet Sea Mar Community Relations Department programs’ requirements.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Possess a strong ability to work as part of the team, and multi-task.
- Communicate efficiently with supervisors, coworkers and patients/clients, and work independently.
- Must be fully bilingual in English/Spanish and be able to interpret documents from Spanish to English or English to Spanish.
Additional requirements: Negative criminal background check and finger prints, Washington State driver license, liability insurance, and a clean driving record. Complete successfully the necessary pre-hire competency tests.
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with many perks. For example, employees working 30 hours or more receive an excellent benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Prescription coverage, generous PTO/Holidays, generous PTO/Holidays, with paid-time-off starting from 27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays per year. We also have 401(k)/Retirement options and an opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment. This is an exciting and highly rewarding position in a fast-paced clinic/office environment.
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Ninfa Quiroz at NinfaQuiroz@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 04/25/2019
External candidates may apply after 4/30/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU