Security Analyst, AWS Security Messaging
The Amazon Web Services team is looking for a focused Security Analyst who can take on a role in coordinating security messaging across the largest cloud provider in the world. You must thrive in complex situations, have a customer focused mindset, and drive relevant teams to take the right actions in the right time frames to mitigate risks.
We are looking for someone who can balance customer priorities against business priorities, and consistently drive for the right results. You must have a passion for process improvement and fill gaps in capabilities. The ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders with competing goals is important to the success for this role. As a Security Analyst that is part of the SecOps Team, you will assess AWS Security Issues and process the messaging related to those issues in a timely and efficient manner.
You should have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
*Successful candidates should:*
* Be able to understand technical vs. business risks and communicate effectively with service team members.
* Actively seek areas of opportunity to optimize and improve upon.
* Demonstrate a mix of both broad and deep process and/or technical knowledge.
* Be passionate and knowledgeable in the fields of process improvement, risk assessment, network and operating system security, software security, and security operations.
* Possess a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks which may include small-project work.
* Be comfortable exemplifying the Amazonian Leadership Principle of “Customer Obsession“ and “Bias for Action“, challenging decisions and escalating when appropriate.
The Security Analyst role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties. Our commitment to your growth will include a comprehensive on-boarding plan that will cover project management, change management, and the technical foundation that will continue to foster technical and professional growth.
Key job responsibilities
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 2+ years equivalent enterprise or industry technology experience.
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security/audit, cyber security.
- 1+ year experience creating verbal and written external business and technical communications.
- 1+ years of experience in fields such a Security Operations, technology audit, or security vulnerability lifecycle.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects. Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, SANS, ISC2, CompTia, etc.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and working knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Understanding of best practices across multiple security disciplines/domains.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a Bias for Action, critical and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, develop partnerships, and work effectively as a member of a global, inclusive team.
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and learn quickly.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate risk with team members and audiences of all levels.
- Have a passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s Leadership Principle requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $59,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $150,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.