Sales Planning Analyst
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, analytics, and other web computing services to customers all over the world. AWS operates a globally distributed environment at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments around the world depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions.
Are you passionate about using technology to solve business problems through data-driven decision making? We are seeking a Sales Planning and Workflow Automation Analyst to help transform the way we operate as a key member of our Americas Sales Business Operations and Sales Support team. As an experienced technical user of specialized planning applications, you will work to develop modules that replace email and spreadsheet-based manual processes for sales operations use cases.
This individual will partner closely with business leaders, operations leaders, and field users, as your primary customers, as you apply your deep technical knowledge of the selected planning and workflow automation solutions. You will help turn requirements into workplans, prioritize requests, maintain backlogs and roadmaps, drive adoption through enablement, and ensure the development of the proper infrastructures.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work and Life balance looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America and stays connected through virtual meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast paced dynamic environment, but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of the Sales Strategy, Operations, and Enablement (SSOE) team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org and deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills. Your manager will be there to help support your career advancement and help you explore ways to develop. We also encourage curiosity and ownership of self-service learning opportunities within our internal education center.
AWS is a growth environment - we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way
· 3+ years of experience using one or more of the following platforms: Anaplan, Hyperion Planning, IBM Cognos TM1, or Workday Adaptive Insights.
· 3+ years of experience in sales planning, sales operations, or financial analyst role(s).
· BA/BS Degree required; advanced degree or certification preferred.
· Practical experience with requirements gathering for analytics solutions (end-to-end), over multiple technologies, size, and scale of projects.
· Self-starter who can operate independently.
· Able to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication and logical reasoning.
· Ability to influence project teams across a broad set of functions and geographies to develop new ideas and creative solutions for difficult, ambiguous and complex issues.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence other leaders, and track record of taking ownership.
· Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems.
· Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
· Familiarity with Excel, SQL, Tableau, Anaplan, and Salesforce.com
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.