The Sales Development Representative engages in generating prospective clients via phone and email to qualify their interest and fit for NanoString, and assists in transfer of the qualified clients to the sales team. This is an entry-level role.
- Research and call prospects for new sales opportunities within Academic, Biotech, and Pharma businesses by discussing prospects’ research goals and methodologies, and provide overview of Nanostring’s products and services.
- Meet or exceed quotas for qualified leads passed to sales team.
- Document all activities and interactions in CRM tool.
- Utilize CRM and ERP to generate sales quotes.
- Perform various outbound call campaigns around trade shows, specific events, or targets in addition to ongoing primary lead generation activities.
- Meet or exceed quotas for direct sales of instrument service contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Sharepoint, CRM and ERP experience desirable.
- Flexible and interested in a company with huge growth opportunity.
- See benefits at NanoString
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee's Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.