The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for providing operational support to all departments within the Retail business line including branches, contact center, loan processing and business development. Represents the business line while driving results on projects, and maintains ownership of certain programs and administrative duties. The Retail Operations Manager acts as the primary operational resource and point of contact to all Retail business line employees, as well as liaison to other credit union employees. Partners with Retail leaders to improve processes while leveraging a culture of sales and service delivery.
The Retail Operations Manager provides visionary, strategic, analytical and collaborative leadership in all areas of responsibility. This position will lead through influence by driving people, process and member experience improvements in a dynamic, ambiguous and complex operating environment.
Essential Functions include:
- Support and communicate purpose, strategic focus, core values and business priorities of the Credit Union to employees to create a positive and consistent member and employee experience.
- Remain available via phone, instant messenger and email throughout the day to provide “help desk“ support to Retail employees, including approvals and procedural protocol, acting as primary Retail authoritative point of contact. Track, measure and report on reasons and outcomes of helpdesk contacts, identifying trends and providing feedback to branch management and/or Training to update curriculum and/or develop ad hoc training when needed.
- Develop subject matter expertise for all Retail policy and procedure resources. Examine organizational, regulatory, or other changes/updates to identify changes needed to departmental resources. Update resources when appropriate, facilitating communication to stakeholders. Partner with Training to update curriculum and/or develop ad hoc training when needed.
- Remain available at beginning- and end-of-day to support branch balancing, track unresolved issues, and partner with Accounting and other stakeholders to resolve in a timely manner. Investigate root causes for balancing issues, and provide documented feedback to appropriate parties. Maintain accurate procedures affecting balancing, and partner with Training to update curriculum and/or develop ad hoc training when needed.
- Develop subject matter expertise as owner and point of contact for Overdraft and Courtesy Pay programs. Work independently and in partnership with compliance team to proactively remain knowledgeable of changes, implementing updates as needed, communicating to stakeholders, and assisting with developing training appropriate to audiences.
- Oversee Salal's Rewards and Refer-A-Friend programs. Tap into member and employee feedback to gauge program effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement. As program owner, orchestrate all aspects of delivery including training, collateral, performance reporting, and analytics. Propose data-supported changes and facilitate enhancements.
- Assume responsibility as Retail's business continuity (BC) representative, act as Retail's liaison to Risk department. Review BC documentation for accuracy and feasibility, providing feedback when needed. Partner with Retail leadership to ensure departmental compliance with BC program specifications and during BC drills and events.
- Ensure audit and compliance excellence with ownership of branch controls, by conducting mock audits, orchestrating audit remediations, and monitoring employee compliance training for completion. Included, establish means for monitoring branch security protocol to remain in compliance and to ensure the safety of Retail employees. Provide feedback to Retail leadership on results of all audit and compliance matters, propose changes, and update procedures accordingly informing stakeholders appropriately.
- Maintain awareness of technology challenges affecting employees and members. Follow up with affected staff and liaison with IT and others to monitor and progress open servicing tickets.
- Act as owner for member escalations, investigating and resolving immediate and root issues, providing feedback to appropriate stakeholders, and informing Compliance of complaints.
- Provide administrative support to Retail leadership team, including end-to-end processing and tracking of variable compensation, corporate card reimbursement requests, and others. Assist with annual budgeting and monitoring monthly budgets for adherence.
- Create efficiencies and process modifications for leadership review with a goal of streamlined department operations without compromising operational quality, regulatory compliance, member service, or causing undue exposure. Identify best practices to be implemented.
- Work with supervisor to develop objectives and goals by which performance is to be measured, providing opportunities for employee development, education, and professional guidance.
- Develop effective managerial, communication and public relations skills through continuing education and personal development. Complete all education, training and professional development required for position.
Previous Experience: This position requires five years in each of: direct retail operations experience, people management or team leadership, and strategic consulting, analysis and/or reporting. A thorough understanding of Retail and branch operations environments and effective presentation skills are required. Proven background in implementing operational programs. Strong negotiation skills desired. Ability to interact with all levels of employees is essential.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field; and five years operations management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated Abilities: Technological skills and knowledge, including computer literacy. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office particularly Excel or ability to complete necessary degree of coursework. Strong knowledge of financial products and services. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Abide by the service standards established by the Credit Union. Develop and deliver executive-level communications. Thorough operations knowledge of specific products and regulatory issues. Knowledge of business banking and cash management systems. Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve process improvements. Ability to understand organizational impact of changes, both present and future. Act as role model with all employees within the organization. Influence others to be results-driven and member-oriented. Evaluate and recommend changes to systems to provide maximum efficiency without compromising experience. Project management and negotiation skills. Coaching and facilitation skills.
Salal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer