Our team provides the tools, training, and situational awareness for all engineering teams across Amazon to develop their teams, foster collaboration and inclusivity, and drive continuous improvement. Our works lies at the at the confluence of software development, machine learning, and business intelligence. We use statistics, data, and machine learning to identify architectural bottlenecks in our systems, improve software hygiene and raise velocity of our software teams. Amazon engineering teams depend on our data, tools, and educational resources to ensure the security, availability, and accessibility of their services.
As a Research Scientist, you will have access to rich datasets to develop statistical models, create high visibility analytics, and have high level influence to the direction of the whole company. You will partner up with software development team and data engineers to create and compile data sources, and develop reporting tools.
Successful candidates comes from a strong statistical background and/or experience with machine learning modeling. This will be a highly visible role across multiple key deliverables for our global organization. If you are passionate and curious about statistics, data, obsess over customers, love questioning the status quo, and want to make the world a better place, let’s chat.
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative filed
· Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· 1+ of research or work experience in the job offered, or as a Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Software Engineer, or a related occupation.
· We will accept a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field and three years of research or work experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the PhD and one year of experience.
· Must have at least one year of research or work experience in the following skill(s): programming with a mathematical programming language such as R, MATLAB, or SAS or major programming language such as Python, Java, C++, C#, or C
· Experience formulating and solving predictive modeling, machine learning, forecasting or statistical modeling problems.
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 2+ years of research or work experience in the job offered, or as a Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Software Engineer, or a related occupation.