Quality Assurance Engineer
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon assembled a team with a wide variety of skills—from research scientists and program managers to supply chain specialists and software engineers—to focus on creating a scalable molecular diagnostic testing program. The initiative included building two state-of-the-art testing labs in Kentucky, U.S. and Manchester, UK. Combined, these labs have processed millions of tests and proved to be an invaluable benefit for Amazon’s front-line employees during the pandemic. In the U.S., we’re now able to offer this reliable and convenient testing option to our customers via Amazon.com.
We are excited to enable regular testing on a global scale to both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running, but here at Amazon Diagnostics (Dx) it remains Day 1. We have much more work to do to help improve the medical diagnostics healthcare experience for customers, and connect them with the treatment and care they need.
· Hands on experience with scripting/coding.
· 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automation testing
· BS in Computer Science or 4+ years equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
· Experience building and designing test strategies and creating, managing and implementing test plans.
· Experience working with product owners defining and refining user stories.
· Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
· API level testing.
· Analyze test logs, create test reports, and co-ordinate with stakeholders.
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.