Quality Assurance Engineer
Does the challenge of advancing one of the world’s most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that drives billions of dollars in revenue excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
The Selling Partner Growth & Development (SG&D) organization owns the charter to drive WW seller growth on Amazon. Our products are strategically important to the long term growth of Amazon’s consumer businesses, and our organization's initiatives are highly visible to Amazon's executive leadership. We will accomplish the ambitious growth goal through building innovative and scalable technical products and platform.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to join our team. You will have the opportunity to participate in the launch of exciting greenfield projects and overcome complex technical, business and customer experience challenges at scale. You will work in a fast-paced environment and take on unique challenges that will have a highly visible impact on our growing business.
As a QAE, you’ll setup QA processes to grow our ability to deliver new feature to our customers. You will represent the Amazon Selling Partner (Sellers and Vendors) perspective and you will have the opportunity to influence the user experience of Amazon Seller Central. You will work closely with our engineer teams and partner QA teams to deliver great features to our customers. You will be encouraged to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
Our team offers great opportunities for self-driven and results-oriented individuals who are not afraid of big challenges, love to innovate, and are focused on excellent customer experiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field; or equivalent experience
· 3+ years experience as a QAE, SDET and/or SDE
· Demonstrated ability to define test strategy and drive the quality of mid to large scale software systems.
· Experience in automating tests in at least one object-oriented language and one scripting language
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
· Outstanding communication skills and experience writing technical documents.
· Able to mentor other QAEs
· Proven experience of building automation tools used by mid-size to large testing teams.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices across the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release management, and operations
· Strong written and verbal communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
· A passion for influencing quality standards and practices