LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
We're looking for a team player who enjoys the best of startup culture: working with a small but highly motivated team, embracing cross collaboration and being a creative problem solver. You'll spend most of your work day on relationship building, cold pitching, securing interview opportunities and content promotion.
The right person for this role is someone who is young, hungry to learn, and a go-getter excited to help build a great brand from the ground up. We work smart, we're outcomes-driven and we actually all like each other if that sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you.
- Work with online publishers, bloggers, editors, journalists, government agencies and more to earn media placements.
- Create, update and maintain media lists on an ongoing basis
- Take the lead on Media outreach initiatives consisting of but not limited to: original data research (studies, surveys rankings), bylines, tools and infographics.
- Monitor media queries and submits expert quotes on behalf of QuoteWizard
- Coordinate with our in-house experts to set up expert interviews
- Perform media training (video, print, podcast) with our experts, and lending a hand to our experts with compiling talking points and relevant QuoteWizard resources prior to interviews
- Participate in outreach content planning sessions on a monthly basis
- Collaborate heavily with the research, content and editorial teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in PR, communications, marketing, or related studies, preferred
- Experience with online content, digital PR, or related field, required
- Demonstrated ability to cold pitch a publisher and earn media through content promotion, required
- Ability to multitask while working under various deadlines, required
- Basic understand of SEO, preferred
Bonus: Demonstrated experience or interest in Insurance
Our office is located in downtown Seattle, in the heart of Pioneer Square.