Program Manager - Medium Duty Vehicles, ATS Fleet Strategy
**This role can be located in Chicago, Phoenix, Atlanta, Nashville, Seattle, Minneapolis, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and Austin**.
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Fleet team is looking for an experienced, innovative, and creative Senior Program Manager to own the Medium Duty Vehicle Strategy. Come join our start-up culture, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. An ideal candidate will be establishing partnerships with OEMs, delivering on product and program requirements and driving consistency, resulting in great customer experience.
This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with Operations, Legal, Finance, Product Teams, and Executive Leadership to bring products to market. This job will require exceptional communication skills and having the ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment with all levels of leadership, and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving transportation challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop vehicle and program specifications and requirements, work with OEMs to deliver on the product and project commitments
- Develop core product and program management documentation, including user scenarios and detailed business requirements
- Address barriers through problem solving and coordination with stakeholders
- Directly influence the definition and management of the strategic roadmaps for the network
- Please note, 25+% travel is required for this position.
Want to learn more about working with Amazon Transportation Services? Check out this video!
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or other quantitative discipline from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a project/program manager in a fleet, logistics or supply chain environment
- 5+ years’ experience delivering transportation performance and service to customers
- Experience communicating with VP-level decision makers; experience in communicating results, expectations and requirements through written proposals and documentation
- MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or similar field from an accredited university
- Experience in Automotive, Fleet Management Leadership roles
- Ability to independently establish vendor partnerships and gather bench marking data to make data driven product decisions
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments and overcome challenges with a high degree of flexibility and professionalism
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.