Program Manager II
Amazon is seeking a Program Manager with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own and execute strategic cross-functional operational projects to join our innovative, high energy Information Security team and work within the Amazon Security Operations Center (ASOC). Our team provides world-class support to Amazon and its customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This role is responsible for implementing and driving program manager support for large scale global security events. You will partner with Service, Engineering, and Security teams, brining PM process and rigor to the program. Secondary responsibilities include; executing diverse writing projects, such as process documentation and internal team communications, driving notification campaigns in partnership with Legal and Public Relations, and driving internal training ranging from Incident Reponse Gamedays to videos.
You will play a critical role optimizing processes to benchmark best in class operations, standardize performance, and drive continuous improvement. This role requires managing complex security operations projects. You will join a team creating a unique customer experience. You can expect all the challenges and benefits of a high-profile business: wide-open space for improvement and innovation, a strong team, and a fast-paced environment. These will require a willingness to dive into the details, solve new problems as they arise, leverage high judgment and willingness to disrupt the current processes to create a new process, and always obsess over customers. Everyone on the team wears multiple hats, and ownership of the customer experience is key.
If you enjoy working at scale in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the protection of our customers within a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
Successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Confidence operating in a highly ambiguous and iterative business space
· Attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· High-level of ownership over the end-to-end process
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
· Ability to work independently with limited general supervision
· 3+ years of progressive responsibility in program or project management
· 3+ years of experience building processes, project management, and delivering on project timelines
· A mix of technical knowledge and aptitude, and the ability to deliver communications and documentation in the format best suited for diverse audiences
· Collaborative in developing key partnerships with teams across Amazon Service teams
· Strong bias for action; ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with cross functional teams
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize competing demands in an ambiguous environment
· Proven ability to articulate measurement of customer impact initiatives and use data and metrics to make recommendations
· 5+ years of progressive responsibility in program or project management
· Basic understanding of information security and security operations at scale
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs
· Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
· Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
· An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
· Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.