Program Manager II
Want to shape the future of a NoSQL database service that serves mission-critical workloads with peaks of more than 20 million requests per second?
Amazon DynamoDB is a NoSQL database that delivers single-digit-millisecond performance at any scale. And we mean any scale. DynamoDB customers expect the service to feel infinite. When newsworthy events happen—be it the launch of a popular new video-streaming service, a highly anticipated football match, or the biggest shopping day of the year—DynamoDB scales to meet customers’ needs, no matter what.
As a senior program manager for the DynamoDB load balancing program, you will play a critical role in driving our projects forward.
On a daily basis, you will partner teams who build DynamoDB and our partner teams to improve the efficiency of our tools and processes.
The DynamoDB team is looking for a customer-obsessed, team-driven senior program manager to take our planning and execution to the next level.
This is a complex technical environment that requires working across many large teams.
How can you tell if you’re the right fit? For one, you love metrics, problem solving, and implementing organizational efficiencies. You’re always on the hunt to reduce any waste in a given system, and you find simple, systemic fixes to do so. You lead cross-functional teams of engineers, analysts, and program managers to achieve organizational goals. You’re resourceful, finding ways to say “yes” to new customer demand. You encourage others to tackle hard problems. Finally, you hunger to improve our systems at any scale.
You will partner with engineering teams to develop systems and plans for our next generation load balancing strategy.
In this position, you will:
· Define a vision and long-term direction for multiple programs including load balancing migration and region build
· Develop relationships with partner teams
· Apply your problem-solving skills and creativity to bring diversity of thought to our teams, challenging them to continuously improve the way we operate.
· Propose opportunities to streamline existing processes through increased automation.
Inclusive team culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 10 employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in more than 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. The Amazon culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work/life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to lifelong happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship and career growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
· The demonstrated ability to succeed in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
· The demonstrated ability to learn new concepts with a natural curiosity to explore new
· The demonstrated ability to lead very large projects across multiple technology teams.