Process Design PM, Centralized time keeping - Solution Design Team
Would you like to be part of an organization that is helping Amazon scale a fast-growing, highly innovative workforce? Do you get excited working with a highly diverse population cutting across multiple countries, culture, and values?
Getting interested? Please read on!
Centralized Time Keeping (CTK) team is seeking a Process Excellence Manager, who is customer-obsessed and passionate about the process design. We work in a fast pace and high degree of ambiguity. You should be comfortable with change, embrace the opportunity to wear many hats, and relish the chance to solve hard problems in short order.
This role will support our operations and drive improvements to team efficiency and innovation in designing processes across complex HR operations. The ideal candidate is a seasoned process designer who is decisive, action-oriented, and able to manage deliverables effectively. The right candidate is an expert in process design and continuous improvement, and is unapologetic about having extremely high standards for quality of work. In addition, this person must have the ability to think strategically and act tactically at the same time, have a proven record of delivering process-related projects with measurable results, and possess strong written and oral communication skills, strong design and innovation experience paired with strong analytical skills and a data-driven outlook.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with cross-functional teams to build a world-class time experience
- Own building design, development, test and release for approval and deployment of new global time activities
- Lead design delivery by managing team backlogs and removing obstacles, coordinating reviews with stakeholders and leadership, communicating team status, and empowering other designers to own their timelines
- Implement processes that help prioritize, plan and manage multiple parallel projects across the team and stakeholders.
- Analyze process to identify opportunity for automation and outline solution requirements in partnership with automation team
- Define, develop and advocate for the user-centered design processes and methodologies.
- Standardize, socialize and continuously improve execution across the full product design process – including generative discovery research, design concepts, usability studies, piloting, post-launch evaluation and iteration.
- Drive processes for onboarding and managing new projects to enable the team to scale dynamically based on design and product requirements.
- Enable creative solutions by leveraging design acumen, high judgement, and knowledge of business and customer experience best practices.
- Develop and communicate an operational and strategic vision to support design and creative delivery by leveraging expertise in planning, facilitation, and communication to drive strategic initiatives, roadmap definition, and shared goals within and outside of the team.
- Work closely with Operations, Product Tech and Program Management leadership to create a successful work environment.
- Actively participate in and lead efforts with partner teams and the larger Amazon design community.
- Deciding where process delivery happens and ensuring quality of output through metrics and inspection
- Ensuring attainment of scalability and take right-shoring decisions accordingly
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in designing and mapping process, managing quality / process excellence initiatives
- Project management experience
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in driving transformational programs involving process re-engineering, analytics, automation etc
- Experience driving user-centered or design thinking design process
- Ability to effectively manage cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks Understanding of design and the design processes
- Background working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with designers, product managers, program managers, and developers
- Strong design process improvement background and experience managing the operations of creative programs
- Experience escalating issues, anticipating and making trade-offs, balance the business need versus other constraints and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
- Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
- Exceptional customer service mindset and demonstrated ability to earn trust of customers and partner teams to deliver results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects against tight timelines, sometimes with little or no guidance.
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience understanding needs of business and end customers and translating them into right solutions
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.