Privacy Community Lead, Amazon Privacy
This role leads the Privacy Community program, a pan-Amazon program that works with privacy champions across the organization to raise the Amazon privacy bar This role owns and coordinates a large and cross-functional program, creating processes and advocating for tools to allow greater confidence and speed in making decisions in the critical privacy space.
Key job responsibilities
You will own large cross functional programs that impact all of Amazon’s business. As an industry specialist and program manager in the Central Privacy team, you will drive processes and programs that drive the Privacy by Design and privacy compliance culture at Amazon, develop a strong Privacy community and help build key metrics for measuring successes of these processes.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop, manage and drive key Amazon-wide Privacy programs and help shape strategic initiatives the organization will focus on
* Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process roll out and ongoing support for Amazon Privacy team
* Scale services and tools – design processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume and complexity
* Define key performance indicators – develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives
A day in the life
You will work directly with engineers, product managers and other Amazon builders to help them identify and address key privacy risks and implement a Privacy by Design culture. You will drive best practices and training across all teams through leading training efforts, including internal conferences and workshops. You will act as a center of excellence for business teams as they navigate the privacy space, consulting with them on how to best establish their privacy program.
About the team
The CDO Privacy team within Amazon’s Information Security organization is responsible for delivering privacy solutions for protecting Amazon.com customer’s trust. We partner across Amazon’s Consumer and Digital business units to build environment where customer privacy is highest priority. You will help enhance awareness and deliver the Privacy strategy across Amazon’s retail experiences including but not limited to Amazon.com, Alexa, Prime Video, Kindle, and our subsidiaries (e.g. Audible, Zappos, Whole Foods).
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Technology, or equivalent experience in technology companies.
* 5+ years of Privacy, compliance or risk management experience.
* Experience in developing and delivering online and in-person training
* Strong knowledge of privacy, data governance and risk management industry best practices.
* Analytical decision making with a demonstrated ability to problem solve, make decisions in complex situations and drive issues to completion.
* Ability to communicate effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Strong understanding of modern data processing environments, service oriented architectures, cloud computing technologies and relevant security and privacy standards.
* Ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in ambiguous environments.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to executives.
* Experience with privacy-focused regulations, such as GDPR, CCPA, and COPPA.
* Graduate or Law Degree
* Security or Privacy industry certifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.