Principal PM Lead - Price Perception Strategy
Amazon is looking for a senior leader to improve low-price perception and Customer trust by developing a long-term vision, product roadmap and success metrics for critical product areas that influence price perception worldwide. This role will own the strategic framework for a central component of Amazon’s flywheel, and delight our Customers by improving the pricing experience. A great candidate will lead a team of product strategists to understand the key drivers for what drivers price perception and how customers balance price and value. They will work with global teams, across marketing, PR, engineering and operations organizations.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with a strong background in analytics and a proven track record in achieving business impact. Building partnerships and influencing senior executives is critical. This is a global role that will require an understanding of the differing and unique needs of global Customers. Retail and/ or Pricing knowledge is a plus but not a prerequisite.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and on our team.
· This is a high visibility role, with a broad scope, and opportunity to influence the end to end pricing strategy and customer experience.
· Single threaded owner for Amazon’s price perception strategy, who is accountable for understanding our metrics, developing roadmaps that improve these inputs and drive growth.
· Building mechanisms that help us to audit and develop the most relevant KPIs
· Understand Pricing metrics and trends across product families and continuously strive to keep our prices sharp and competitive
· A sense of humor and demonstrated ability to have fun
· Strong business and technical vision, experience setting a multi-year vision to deliver business results.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment is critical.
· Ability to work both with business, technical as well as research teams
· Diploma/ Master’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Natural Science, Statistics or Economics)
· Bachelor's or a Master’s Degree (preferably in business or economics)
· Experience with customer research and bench marking.
· Experience managing teams applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
· Experience working internationally, and building global solutions.