Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Sea Mar Community Health Centers Home Health is hiring a Full-Time Physical Therapist to serve our diverse population. The territory covered for this position is Central Seattle South thru Federal Way. This is an hourly and includes mileage pay. If you are looking for flexibility, Sea Mar Home Health is the home for you. Sea Mar is not just a job, it is a career.
The Physical Therapist will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and providing skilled care to patients requiring physical therapy services in the home in conjunction with the patient, family and the interdisciplinary team, as ordered by the physician. The PT will be responsible for clinical outcomes as well as industry benchmarks.
Competencies and/or Skills:
- Proficiency in the use of department equipment including but not limited to pulse oximeters, stethoscopes, thermometers, etc.
- Ability to utilize various teaching methods to adapt these to patient/client and family’s educational level and learning style. Must have the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Must have knowledge of community resources and how to access them effectively and efficiently.
- Must have knowledge of the healthcare financial environment, reimbursement and levels of care.
- Must have age-appropriate developmental assessment skills
- Must have maturity and interpersonal skills necessary to work with an interdisciplinary team and deal effectively with patients and families form a variety of backgrounds and with varied emotional and medical needs.
- Must have time management skills to independently manage own caseload (i.e. to schedule visits, attend required meetings, responds to urgent needs by prioritizing and triaging multiple concerns.
- Must have oral and written language skills; visual and aural skills in order to communicate, ensure and deliver safe patient care, and to provide a legal record of this care.
- Map reading skills and ability drive in varied situations and inclement weather.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
- Current Physical Therapist Licensure to practice PT in Washington required.
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a medical/surgical unit, rehab, or home health setting.
- Current Washington State Driver’s License and proof of insurance required
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Bachelors, Master or Doctorate in Physical Therapy desired.
To apply for this position complete the online application and click SUBMIT. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Deborah Ned, Home Health Administrator at DeborahNed@seamarchc.org This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with many perks. Employees working 30 hours or more receive an excellent benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Prescription coverage, generous PTO/Holidays, and 401(k)/Retirement options and an opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment. This is an exciting and highly rewarding position in a fast-paced clinic/office environment.
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 10/18/2018
External candidates may apply after 10/23/2018