Sea Mar Community Health Center is a health care organization serving the residents of King, Skagit, Snohomish, Pierce, Clark, Whatcom, Thurston, Franklin, Grays Harbor, and Island Counties. Please visit our website at www.seamar.org to find out more about our services.
Sea Mar Community Health Center has an exciting new clinic opening just for teenagers and young adults, in the same building as the new Sea Mar Museum of Chicano/a/Latino/a Culture! We are looking for a Full-time Medical Assistant (MA) interested in joining the Sea Mar Adolescent Clinic Team to provide interdisciplinary, culturally appropriate, and comprehensive care for youth from diverse backgrounds. An MA works collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively with other members of the Care Team and ensures improved health outcomes for our patients and smooth patient flow throughout the care process. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to following established protocol in rooming and exiting patients, assisting the medical provider with charting office visits, ensuring communication and documentation for comprehensive patient care coordination, administering injections and distributing oral medications under physicians’ orders, performing venipuncture, completing all provider referrals specialty care, and performing, tracking, and documenting all clinical quality measures. The ideal candidate will have excellent proven customer services skills, demonstrate an enthusiastic and professional demeanor, and excel at multi-tasking while being an integral part of the care team ensuring patient flow and providing quality patient care in a safe and timely manner.
- Pre-visit planning
- Managing all elements of the rooming process including screening questionnaires
- Coordination of care with other members of the care team
- Ensuring that all patient clinical quality measures are being addressed
- Administering injections, distributing oral/topical medications, performing venipuncture
- Actively participant in staff meetings.
- An MA may be asked to travel to another Sea Mar site due to staffing and patient needs.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- High level ability to multi-task
- Be enthusiastic about adolescent/teen health
- Work ethic and personality suited to meet the physical, mental, emotional and social needs of the patient population served (teenagers and young adults, aged 13 to 21).
- Flexibility with clinic hours.
- Willingness to take on new projects.
- Experience working with teenagers and young adults.
- Experience working with multicultural/diverse populations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Education Requirements: Washington State MA-Certificate or an MA-Interim License and then passing of the exam within the 90 day probationary period. CPR certification.
To apply for this position complete the online application and click SUBMIT. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Teya at TeyaCruz-Uribe@seamarchc.org This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Employees working 30 hours or more receive an excellent benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Prescription coverage, generous PTO/Holidays, and 401(k)/Retirement options and an opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment. This is an exciting and highly rewarding position in a fast-paced clinic/office environment.
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 9/20/2018
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity E
External candidates may apply after 09/25/2018