Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Full-time position available for our brand new physical therapy program in White Center that centers in Primary Care/Sports Medicine. Primary Care/Sports Medicine is a multidisciplinary state-of the-art center of diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and preventive education for Sea Mar patients with structural musculoskeletal problems and other rehabilitation needs.
The Physical Therapy Aide supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures under the supervision of a physical therapist or occupational therapist.
Education and/or Qualifications:
These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be successful at this position:
- High School Diploma
- CPR Certification for Healthcare Providers – can be provided by Sea Mar
- Infection Control Compliance – training will be provided by Sea Mar
- Dedication to working with underserved communities
- Experience working on a team
- Ability to create a safe, effective, and efficient treatment environment
- Good verbal communication
- Active listening and motivational coaching
- Customer service experience
- Self-development and accountability
- Experience with exercise or sports involvement
- Multi-tasking skills
- Supply management skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
- The employee will work in a group setting, with varying degrees of distractions. The employee will work with individuals from as many as 40 countries with diverse religious, cultural and ethnic beliefs about health, illness and male/female relationship. Applicants need to be sensitive to their beliefs and treat them with respect and dignity regardless of personal beliefs. Applicants must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career. Employees working 30 hours or more receive an excellent benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employment Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year plus 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Magali Sanchez, Health Center Administrator at MagaliSanchez@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 05/07/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).