Network Development Engineer II, Global IP Network
Amazon is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network. As a member of one our network capacity teams, you will play a part in scaling and automating networks that simply cannot fail, must scale infinitely, and can never constrain growth or innovation.
In addition to fundamental Networking skills our ideal candidate must have Linux experience and background in network automation. We are driving innovation through automation and proficiency in Python, Perl, or Shell Scripting is required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Network Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think proactively and with innovation. NDE's are expected to identify and troubleshoot recurring configuration/deployment issues and effectively engage with mid and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution. They identify and drive opportunities to automate repeatable networking tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools delivering simple, sustainable and scalable solutions. They also are expected to contribute towards hiring and developing others in the team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree
· 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
· 3+ years with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
· 3+ years with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
· 3+ years working in a Linux/Unix environment
· 3+ in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming
· Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
· Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.