Network Development Engineer
Do you aspire to be a world class Network Engineer, and learn from experts in the field? Would you like the opportunity to support the world leader in both online retail and cloud computing? The Network Automation and Optimization team is looking for highly motivated individuals to support the day to day operations, scaling, and engineering of our global network lab infrastructure, and drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation network as it continues to grow. You will gain exposure to all the network fabrics used in Amazon and the functional roles played by other networking teams.
The Network Automation and Optimization team is responsible for maintaining the health of Amazon’s Network Device Labs. The team plays a critical role in maintaining the operational readiness of the labs, developing new tooling, building software services to automate, and working directly with software teams who depend on the labs as part of integration testing.
· Responsible for first response to monitoring systems alarms, and works to stabilize impact as quickly as possible for the network labs
· Troubleshoot routing and interconnectivity problems – including troubleshooting of network device hardware failures
· Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems
· Collaborate with internal teams to diagnose problems, and return devices/configurations to a healthy state
· Own and develop new features for our in-house Labs as a Service platform used across the Network Services organization
· Look for automation opportunities in troubleshooting and administration tasks
· Create or extend existing tooling to support lab use cases
· Create and review documentation for processes and troubleshooting best practices
· Identify simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
· Perform interviews for entry level positions
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree
· 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
· 3+ Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
· 3+ Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
· 3+ Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
· 3+ Experience in automation via Python programming.
· Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
· Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.