Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Sea Mar Community Health Center has an exciting new clinic just for teenagers and young adults, in the same building as the new Sea Mar Museum of Chicano/a/Latino/a Culture! We are looking for either a Full-time Medical Assistant (MA) or a Part-time Medical Assistant who is interested in joining the Sea Mar Adolescent Clinic Team to provide interdisciplinary, culturally appropriate, and comprehensive care for youth from diverse backgrounds. An MA works collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively with other members of the Care Team and ensures improved health outcomes for our patients and smooth patient flow throughout the care process. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to following established protocol in rooming and exiting patients, assisting the medical provider with charting office visits, ensuring communication and documentation for comprehensive patient care coordination, administering injections and distributing oral medications under physicians’ orders, performing venipuncture, completing all provider referrals specialty care, and performing, tracking, and documenting all clinical quality measures. The ideal candidate will have excellent proven customer services skills, demonstrate an enthusiastic and professional demeanor, and excel at multi-tasking while being an integral part of the care team ensuring patient flow and providing quality patient care in a safe and timely manner.
- Pre-visit planning
- Managing all elements of the rooming process including screening questionnaires
- Coordination of care with other members of the care team
- Ensuring that all patient clinical quality measures are being addressed
- Administering injections, distributing oral/topical medications, performing venipuncture
- Actively participant in staff meetings.
- An MA may be asked to travel to another Sea Mar site due to staffing and patient needs.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- High level ability to multi-task
- Be enthusiastic about adolescent/teen health
- Work ethic and personality suited to meet the physical, mental, emotional and social needs of the patient population served (teenagers and young adults, ages 13 to 21).
- Flexibility with clinic hours.
- Willingness to take on new projects.
- Experience working with teenagers and young adults.
- Experience working with multicultural/diverse populations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Required Credentials: Washington State MA-Certificate or an MA-Interim License and then passing of the exam within the 90-day probationary period. CPR/BLS certification.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. Healthcare benefits are offered to Full-time employees working 30 hours or more. Employee receives an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Teya Cruz-Uribe, HCA at TeyaCruz-Uribe@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 11/07/2019
External candidates considered after 11/12/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.