PR Manager, Corporate Communications
Amazon is seeking a high-judgement, self-motivated, and creative communications professional to join our corporate communications team in North America. This individual will be responsible cross-channel proactive storytelling for a core pillar within Amazon's corporate narrative. This role will also, at times, drive high-stakes issues management.
They will work with internal teams to build trust and provide strategic counsel, as well as with members of the media and external influencers to tell new and interesting stories about our corporate culture and unique workforce. The candidate will have experience in managing complex narratives and issues with the press, crave autonomy and ownership, and be willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done.
The successful candidate will:
· Provide strategic counsel to senior business leaders and business teams.
· Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with press contacts.
· Serve as a key point of contact for issues management with the press.
· Manage cross channel communications campaigns in partnership with internal communications, social media and similar storytelling teams.
· Draft written materials, including press releases, memos, pitches, statements, Q&As, and more.
· Identify and leverage data to support storytelling efforts.
· Show extraordinarily high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and be able to deal with ambiguity.
** Role can be in Seattle, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Washington D.C.**
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 8+ years of experience in Public Relations.
· Experience with diversity, equity and inclusion communications.
· Media relations and issues management experience.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience executing highly successful, creative campaigns and events.
· Experience with employee experience/engagement.
· A network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively and reactively.
· Experience serving as spokesperson.
· Experience working with executives.
· Experience managing budgets and agencies.