Live Event Services - Software Development Engineer (Prime Video)
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies, TV shows and Live Sports to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we aspire to grow -- a lot.
We are looking for smart, motivated Software Engineer who can help in building platform for delivering live video events to our customer. If you have experience building large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly products and are interested in designing multi-tier services to handle large datasets, complex domains, and problems at Amazon scale, this is the job for you.
Our innovative systems include high efficient and large scale platforms built on Amazon's cloud computing infrastructure. For this position you will have a strong background in OO design with Java/C++. Experience working with web services, XML, JSON, Apache services is desired. Linux system development experience is a plus. Equally important to these specific skills is the ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems.
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing a top notch consumer web application and user experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Graduate degree in a related technical field
· Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
· Fluency in more than one programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Go, Kotlin, Clojure, Scala, Ruby, Python, Perl)
· Knowledge of functional architecture a plus
· Experience with AWS services highly desirable
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.