Learning Technology and Innovation Manager
Amazon was recently rated the #1 most reputable company in the US, #1 for innovation, and is frequently ranked at the top in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies experiencing the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are extremely smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
We have a team of talented engineers located in multiple locations around the world, and are growing rapidly. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Learning Technology and Innovation Manager who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and who will create the strategy and lead the team and processes to build world class learning experience for our front-line support organization. As the AWS Learning Technology Leader, you will be responsible for leading the learning technology and innovation team to analyze, select, implement and integrate the necessary learning technologies to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of AWS Frontline Support learning and performance programs. This role focuses on owning the strategy and program management required to meet the learning needs of our AWS Frontline Support team globally throughout the full employee lifecycle including new hire training, continuing education, assessment, hands-on labs, accreditation, and gamification programs. You will play a vital, strategic role in ensuring the AWS Frontline Support team has the right training and development tools to provide the world’s best customer service for our cloud customers.
The primary responsibilities for the Learning Technology and Innovation Manager are to:
· Create a comprehensive learning technology strategy and roadmap; gain buy-in from stakeholders and team members to drive adoption of the strategy.
· Assess the value and impact of new learning technologies, tools, and systems.
· Lead projects to automate team processes and compliance activities.
· Manage a complex, matrixed project: Multiple work streams including content, data, UX design, change management, reporting; Multiple stakeholders across numerous business and technical functions.
· Provide technical advice and guidance on the integration of technology into our learning experience model
· Identify and pursue opportunities for organizational efficiency by strategically partnering with colleagues across the team, company and external partners
· Lead technical integrations between LMS, Learning Record Store, Content Management, and internal systems and tools (including third-party technology providers as needed)
· Identify and oversee improvements of our current learning infrastructure in identifying and planning long and short-term project priorities and requirements
· Serve as liaison between learning and internal technology teams in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are being met and oversee tool implementation
· Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time completion of projects
· Map technology design across features and teams to communicate how the entire platform works as well as to help keep track of which features are at which stage throughout the project.
· Ensure sound communication between various groups and projects.
· Maintain program status and provide frequent program updates.
· Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
· Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
· Min 7 years of experience in instructional technology, network systems integration, instructional and/or user experience design, and implementation of enterprise learning technologies
· Min 7 years of people management experience creating and implementing learning technology strategies for geographically dispersed technology support organizations
· Min 5 years of experience and expertise developing and implementing effective knowledge and skill assessments for a work environment with rapid and frequent change in products, services, tools and processes
· Min 5 years of experience managing curriculum development methods and tools in a team environment; includes experience with learning management systems, learning content management systems
· Bachelor’s degree in adult learning, instructional design, learning technology or related field
· 9 or more years of experience leading global or international training technology teams (or similar experience) to provide innovative, world class content and learning programs
· An undergraduate degree in either a management, technical, communication, education or related field; Master’s degree highly preferred, or applicable experience.
· Experience developing and supporting training for technology support teams and related positions
· Experience with technical customer service organizations (experience with AWS Frontline Support ideal)
· Experience implementing hands-on labs, assessments and certification technologies.
· Familiarity with online learning technology (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate or similar) and SCORM
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with Frontline Support leaders and team members in a global environment.
· Excellent organizational skills and program and project management skills.
· Ability to use multiple learning methods and to match the appropriate methods with the subject matter
· Technical aptitude to be able to quickly learn new technologies and to design, develop and review blended learning solutions and online training materials and content
· Experience integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
AWS Support values diversity of thought and wants to grow by hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences that allow us to continue innovating for complex problems. If you are interested in shaping the future of Amazon AWS Support organization, apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity. Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.