**Open to locations in Charleston, S.C. or Seattle, Washington**
Amazon Books has revolutionized reading and the way authors can engage with millions of readers. The Kindle Content and Physical Books team is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer (ID) to design and deliver innovative learning strategies for our global team that plays an integral role in helping authors publish their books.
In this position, you will create and improve learning strategies and curricula to yield improved time to proficiency and improved learner experience. You will work on projects that utilize your expertise in adult learning theory and instructional technologies to enhance the performance of Amazonians.
Candidates should have experience working cross-functionally, demonstrated success in developing strong stakeholder relationships, eagerness and willingness to identify and try new ideas, and ability to understand and recommend the right tradeoffs. They should also have proven success with delivering end-to-end learner solutions from concept through delivery and measurement, including developing and delivering against work back schedules to deliver timely.
Key Job Functions Include:
· Partner with stakeholders to evaluate the program/project goals and scope the training needs.
· Define and document the learning solution that helps them meet these goals.
· Design and develop performance-focused training content that engages learners.
· Create high quality practice cases and other materials to help ensure learner understanding and performance.
· Develop and drive your project plan to ensure the right training is deployed on time, dependencies and risks are mitigated, and key business stakeholders are engaged along the way.
· Monitor curricula to ensure the content is updated periodically and accurately.
· Support other IDs in uploading, testing, and maintaining content to an LMS.
· Identify areas of continuous improvement to continually raise the bar for our learning experiences.
· A Bachelor’s degree or higher
· 2+ years experience in program or project management
· At least 2 years’ experience in an instructional design role.
· Experience in development with eLearning tools.
· Bachelor's Degree in preferably in a communication, education, learning design and developmentor related field.
· Experience designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training.
· Demonstrated experience developing curriculum that is in line with adult learning standards.
· Demonstrated experience developing training collateral, eLearning and self-directed learning modules, performance support aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials.
· Experience with multi-media development (audio, video, and/or animation).
· Experience collaborating and coordinating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers.
· Experience with SCORM, xAPI, online learning and learning technologies.
· Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
· Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us