Instock/Supply Chain Manager, Launch - Amazon Fresh Physical Stores Grocery (Seattle or Arlington)
Interested in working on an innovative and high-impact business that is changing the way customers think about grocery? Amazon is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, and motivated individual to join the Amazon Fresh Stores team.
Amazon Fresh is a new grocery store designed from the ground up to offer a seamless grocery shopping experience, whether customers are shopping in store or online. We’ve taken our decades of operations experience to deliver consistently low prices for all and FREE, same-day delivery for Prime members. Customers will find a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood; plus our culinary team offers customers a range of delicious prepared foods made fresh in store, every day. We’ve also introduced new ways to make grocery shopping more convenient, including the Amazon Dash Cart, which enables customers to skip the checkout line, and new Alexa features to help customers manage their shopping lists and better navigate our aisles
The Amazon Fresh Grocery team is looking for an Instock/Supply Chain Manager based in Seattle or Arlington. In this role, you will own developing plans and executing on initiatives that will support excellent inventory management, build an effective supply chain, and drive successful interactions with our partner teams. To be successful in this role, you should feel comfortable using data to influence others and building scalable systems and processes to allow us our business to grow. In joining this team, you will have the opportunity to both build and operate in an ambiguous fast-paced environment and will drive initiatives that improve sales, customer experience, and process improvement within retail and operations.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must demonstrate passion for the customer experience. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
Strong candidates will have knowledge in fundamental business principles and previous Retail experience. The ideal candidate is able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in an ambiguous environment while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
· Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional or military experience
· 3+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
· Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience
· 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
· Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline.
· Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
· Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills. Ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques.
· Operates as a team player, likes to have fun at work, and has a positive attitude.
· The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon's cross-matrix organization is critical to the success of this role.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Applications. Advanced Excel required - Access and SQL/ETL preferred
· He or she must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an exceptional attention to detail
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.