Head of Marketing Engagement and Innovation
Consumables, Consumer Engagement and Innovation
The Consumables Categories team is looking for an innovative, customer-obsessed, creative and analytical leader who is able to distill complex problems into solutions that drive increased relevance and engagement across everyday essentials (including food, beverage, baby, beauty, household, health and wellness, and personal care). The Head of Marketing Engagement and Innovation leads a team in using marketing and insights to create browsing and shopping experiences that feel personal, relevant, and superior for customers. This leader will leverage systems to intelligently understand and address the ever-evolving browsing, researching, and shopping habits of customers shopping Consumables Categories. The candidate will be responsible for gathering insights, developing ideas and building new and innovative customer facing solutions to delight customers. This leader is also responsible for driving customer acquisition, engagement (frequency of shopping, basket building) and retention through exceptional marketing execution. This person will seek out and cultivate relationships with industry thought leaders and influencers while influencing central teams within Amazon to drive Consumables’ roadmap.
The ideal candidate over-indexes in hire and develop the best, think big, diversity and inclusion, is customer obsessed and has high attention to detail. The candidate should have a restless curiosity and desire to address the changing shopping landscape (brick and mortar as well as e-commerce) and the important and unique perspectives of customers. This leader will manage a high performing team of marketers, research specialists, program and product managers who will analyze performance metrics, customer and market trends to inform and refine the Consumer engagement strategy and execution.
Market and Customer intelligence:
- Develop customer, industry, and market insights to drive thought leadership and innovation across consumables marketing
Relevance, Engagement, and Inclusion:
- Builds strategies to increase category growth (traffic, trial, depth) and customer loyalty (frequency, conversion) through high quality execution of: Paid, Owned, and Earned Media, Promotions, Merchandising, Events, Influencer Programs, etc.
- Lead inclusive and diverse marketing efforts to ensure that Amazon customers see themselves represented in relevant ways
Influence and Collaboration:
- Drives collaboration with internal teams inside of and beyond Consumables to drive efficiency, awareness, and effectiveness
- Proactively and upon request provides data and insights on category and marketplace patterns to category leaders and senior leadership
- Negotiates projects and agendas across a broad range of cross-functional teams and tech teams
- Represents Consumables Marketing in Executive Level meetings both internally and externally
Team Development Management
- Sets strategic direction for the team
- Cultivates a learning-oriented and collaborative culture
- Audits team’s work periodically and directs team to perform deep-dive analysis on problems
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of relevant senior level experience in marketing, brand management, social media marketing, and paid media with a proven track record of delivering results
- Senior level responsibility for developing and driving marketing strategy, plans and managing marketing budgets
- 5+ years of experience hiring and managing a high-performance team
- Strong understanding of direct response marketing principles and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects from concept to completion including – prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Strengths in collaboration, problem solving, issue-resolution skills to drive success in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong accountability to deadlines and attention to detail
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, and presenting to Senior Management
- MBA preferred
- Senior level experience owned media, earned media, experiential marketing, customer and market insights and search engine marketing
- Senior level responsibility for developing and managing market research budgets
- Successful performance in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action
- Experience working with international counterparts to localize global campaigns
- Experience in inclusive and diverse marketing
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.