Head of Customer Packaging Experience Communication
Are you motivated to drive significant packaging waste reduction efforts across Amazon’s global organization? If packaging waste makes you cringe, Amazon’s global packaging organization may be the place for you. Amazon's Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX) team works with core Operations, Amazon Robotics, Retail, Fulfillment Engineering, Finance, Procurement, Data Science and Finance to identify solutions which eliminate waste, reduce damages, and drive significant savings for Amazon and our customers.
About the Role
The Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX) team at Amazon is looking for a seasoned leader to oversee CPEX Communications. In this newly created role, you will set the vision for and lead the external communications strategy for the global CPEX organization, working across business functions, regions, and all levels of the organization to make sure that media, legislators, investors, and customers are top-of-mind audiences. You will work collaboratively to deliver crisp consistent messaging with executives and colleagues internally at Amazon with CPEX, Public Relations (PR), Public Policy (PP), Investor Relations (IR), Retail, and Customer Experience (CX). As part of the external communications plan, you will develop and implement messaging across various external communication vehicles while creating tools and goals to track external sentiment toward Amazon packaging.
The ideal candidate will have a proven history of operationalizing workflows, developing success measurements, and building mechanisms that help enable communication at scale—all while thinking big and creatively. Keys to success include actively listening and employing data to craft what-and how-we communicate, shape, and amplify to inform key external stakeholders. This role requires strategic and creative thinking, skillful writing, and strong communication skills. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and excellent organization are critical.
· Inform external stakeholders Amazon’s sustainable packaging initiatives and plans, including packaging reduction and elimination, to increase positive sentiment of customers, selling partners, media, legislators, and investors about Amazon packaging.
· Set a vision for the external communications strategy for the Global CPEX organization. Align the vision internally across CPEX, PR, PP, IR, Retail, and Customer Experience organizations globally.
· Execute an external communications plan, including the development and implementation of communications vehicles such as newsletters, events, websites, white papers, letters, press releases, video messages, social media, and on-package messaging.
· Create a mechanism to align the community of communications (PR, PP, IR) to share information, ideas, and best practices to drive message consistency and adoption.
· Analyze and develop tools to track trends in media, legislators, investors, selling partners, and customer sentiment towards Amazon packaging.
· Develop executive communications for the organization’s leader, including drafting talking points, scripts, presentations, Wikis, websites, and other internal and external communications.
· Develop and manage style guidelines and communications governance standards across all external channels.
· Provide expert internal communications counsel to diverse groups across the organization, and represent the customer, PR, PP, IR audience in the development of communications strategy around company issues and important news.
· 15+ years of communications, public relations, public policy, investor relations, legal, or marketing experience
· 5+ years experience within a global technology firm
· Experience developing and implementing communication plans
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Law, or a related field
· PR or executive communications experience within the business-to-consumer technology sector
· Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in crisp, concise communications
· Experience driving cultural change and influencing organizations through communications, from audience and stakeholder analysis through implementation and success metrics tracking
· Thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
· Ability to think strategically and implement ideas from ideation and development to measurement and evaluation
· Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leaders
· Strong judgment in ambiguous situations where much is unknown and there is a high degree of urgency
· Experience with sustainability, packaging, retail operations, technology, and/or supply chain management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.